What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file which is set on your computer by a visited website, very similar to a cached image or web page file. Cookies allow the website to indentify a user as they move from one page to another within the same site, or when you return to the website. It can also be used to allow personalisation of a website.
How We Use Them
This site uses Google Analytics which is a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland. This service sets a small, non-intrusive cookie and is vital in providing information that we use to improve our websites performance and the quality of our services by helping us analyse how the site is used. Google Analytics cookies do not read, store or save personal information such as name, address, telephone, etc.
Our site does not set any other cookies or transmit data to any third parties. However, the site does contain links to other sites which may have different cookie/privacy policies. We advise that you read their own policies.
How Can I Control my Cookies?
You can use your web browser (eg Internet Explorer) to:
- Delete all cookies
- Block all cookies
- Allow all cookies
- Block third-party cookies
- Clear all cookies when you close the browser
- Open a ‘private browsing’ session
- Install add-ons and plug-ins to extend browser functionality
|Browser||Where to find information about controlling cookies|
For more information about cookies visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
What information do we collect?
Personal information which we may collect, store and use include:
(1) information about your computer in relation to your visit to our website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation.
(2) information relating to any purchases you make of our services including details of your international move as submitted via our quotation form and booking form.
(3) any other information that you choose to send to us
Using your personal information
Personal information may be used to:
(1) supply to you services purchased via the website
(2) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
(3) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
(4) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
(5) provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
(6) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
(7) keep the website secure and prevent fraud
(8) administer the website
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
(1) to the extent that we are required to do so by law
(2) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
(3) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
(4) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling and;
(5) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including but not limited to the United States, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
It is necessary for 1st Move International to share information required by overseas customs authorities and our overseas agents to facilitate a smooth transition through border controls in the country of destination. Without this personal information being transferred your goods may be subject to delays and storage charges at the immigration entry point.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password and firewall protected servers.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is 1st Move International Limited
All of our data protection regulations are in line with those set out by the Data Protection Act. For more information visit https://ico.org.uk/
While we attempt to make our website as accessable as possible to all users there are ways to greatly enhance the accessability of our website and any other website.
For more information on how to make the web more accessable visit BBC’s My Web, My Way page here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/accessibility/